I know there has been a huge lack of posts by me lately, but due to Fashion Week and my internship at Mary Katrantzou I've been exhausted when I have arrived home at 12 pm in the lasts days! André Leon Talley said once "Fashion is not art, it's hard work!", and I guess that rings true looking back on these days, where I have been witness of the intense work of the designers and sewing mistresses. I have experienced so much in such a short time, I feel utterly privileged to see this side of the industry. Finally, tomorrow at 09.45 am the show will run, and I assume I will finally see my HERO Anna Dello Russo on the front row. Of course by a sneak peak from the back stage. Afterwards im finally going to The Somerset House, the official Fashion Week house, to see the fashionable people and feel the fashion spirit. I will be wearing a PINEAPPLE on my head.
Being a student in Lovedon forgetting to have fun would be horrifying though. Last thursday I went to Maddox with some girlies from my class. I actually met the Norwegian footbaal player John Carew at here once. I like this club! old picture with Estionian fashionista Liisa Ennuste on my right
Fashion wishes, and I promise to come back stronger in a few days
Hello there, out-of-this-world-gorgeous-trenchcoat! I certainly wouldn't mind having this piece hanging in my closet. It would be perfect accompanied by spring, a vivid lip colour and a fabulous pair of high heels.
Right now, I wish I had the power to remove winter from the four seasons. This cold, sad, dark season has to be a fashionista's biggest enemy. If you are utterly tired of all your outerwear by now, like I am, pay attention;
1. The first thing you need is a basic coat, or anything simple you want to make more interesting.
2. Look inside your wardrobe, and find a jacket with a bold/noticeable collar.
3. Layer it.
4. Voilá, you got yourself a new coat! Be creative with what you already have, instead of buying new things all the time. That's my tip for today!
1. Love is why we are here / Fashion is why we are here.
2. The most important day is today/ The most important days are today and tomorrow. Fashion is about looking FORWARD.
3. If you always do your best, you will not have regrets / If you always plan and do your best out of your outfit, you will not regret even when it has turned demode.
4. In spite of your best efforts, some things are out of your control / In spite of your best outfits and fashion mood, things as weather, men and spilling of drinks is out of your control.
5. Things always look better tomorrow / Fashion dies and born sooner than 6 months, only normal people wear winter clothes in December.
6. Sometimes a wrong turn will bring you to exactly the right place / Do never throw old clothes as they turn in to a trend again tomorrow. FASHION IS A CONSTANT ROLLER COASTER!
7. Sometimes when you think the answer is "no", it's "not yet" / Sometimes when you think "that doesnt work", it's the most bold outfit you've seen on yourself ever.
8. True friends share your joys, see the best in you, and support you through challenges / Fashion shares your different moods and faces, sees the prettiest in you, and lifts you when you need to be on your most extragavant.
9. Your parents will always love you / Fashion will always love you.
10. For all your accomplishments, nothing will bring you more happiness than the love you find / Whomever leave you, disappoint you or hurt you, FASHION will always be there help you hide insecurities and think positively. Fashion is the same as love, as a relationship - "You have to feed the creative fire, so it doesn’t vanish! " - ADR.
The last part of sale season, which is right now, is the perfect time to buy all the wardrobe essentials you truly need. I have already started to stack up for spring! I rarely find anything nice on sale, but I did actually manage to find some very inexpencive basics this year. As you can see, colours are really starting to invade my wardrobe! I blame the bright spring collections.
I've got an internship at London Fashion Week, and guess for whom? MARY KATRANTZOU! I feel so lucky, so privileged, and so happy to participate in the chaotic progress of making a fashion show. I will be working for the studio from now on until the Fashion Week. Will of course keep you updated!