Thursday, March 31, 2011

FRUITYLICIOUS

As you probably know Im collecting hilarious head pieces. I need them to brighten my days and to overcome fears, and because Anna Dello Russo encourages me to wear something that makes people stop and stare. I want to make an impact.



Yesterday I wore my golden cherries at uni and I had this amazing experience. While choosing food in the canteen a man comes towards me and asks where my hat is from. I told him I had made them myself, but of course inspired by Alan Journo and Piers Atkinson (the designers that actually makes Anna Dello Russo´s hats). He replies "I am Piers". I was in shock and I didn´t know what to say. I admire his work so much and I didn´t understand why he was at our uni. It was so out of context but of course very funny to meet such a talent. I told him I made them myself because his hats are too expensive and I believe he found it charming. He took a picture of me and I think he was kinda shocked, because when people start to wear and imitate a designers work it means the designer is doing the right thing.

My next project is gluing a head band to this bunch:


Of course inspired by Prada 2011:




I hope my bananas will be too much to handle for Norwegian eyes!


Ukari

1 comment:

  1. I have to say, I stumbled upon your blog by mistake, but I'm loving it! And you so inspired me with these headbands!

    xx

    ReplyDelete